What Does a One-Stop-Shop Mitigation Team Do After a Fire?
When your commercial building in Denver, CO has been affected by a fire, you may feel overwhelmed with the aftermath. You have to talk to your insurance provider, assess the fire damage, repair the building and try to get your business back on its feet. Thankfully, you don't have to do all of this on your own. A professional fire restoration team can help you navigate the cleanup process.
1. Assess the Damage: A fire can cause a lot of damage. You may notice scorch marks, soot buildup and water damage in multiple rooms of your building. The fire mitigation team comes to your property to inspect the damage. This helps them create an accurate repair plan.
2. Secure the Premises: Your team can also help you secure the property. After a fire, your building may be vulnerable to weather elements and intruders. You can start securing the building by boarding up windows and missing walls. Putting tarps on the roof can also help protect your space.
3. Address Water Damage: Water is used to put out fires, so your building may be full of water. The first step in the cleanup should address drying out the building and your possessions. If this step is skipped over, you may have mold growth in the near future.
4. Clean the Surfaces: Part of fire damage is the smoke and soot that often stain walls, ceilings, furnishings and other objects in a space. A complete fire mitigation team can help wipe away the grime and clean the salvageable items and structures.
5. Repair the Damage: Not only does your building have to be cleaned, but the damage also has to be repaired. Your insurance adjuster may work with the fire restoration professionals to determine how much of the repair costs will be covered by your claim.
If you rely on multiple teams to take care of your fire damage, the cleanup process can take a long time. Working with a single team helps speed up your recovery. Visit http://www.SERVPROdenvereast.com for more information on commercial fire damage.