Heating Unit Fire in Hotel
Fire From an Overheated Heating Unit
This extended stay hotel was damaged after the heating unit underneath the window overheated and started to smoke. The problem resulted from the filter not being cleaned regularly. There was enough dust and other particulates in the filter to start on fire.
Nobody was hurt since the room was vacant. But the firefighters had used a lot of water in the room to put out the fire. Between the soot and water there was enough damage in the room to merit removing the carpet and almost 2 feet of drywall.
The green equipment you see in the pictures are air filtration devices. This style of equipment is used to get rid of odor and smoke particles out of the air